Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Amazing

Yesterday, January 21, 2013 was absolutely amazing. 4 years ago I missed the inauguration of President Obama because I was moving and Direct TV did not come to install my cable until it was over. YES I was HOT!!!! I believed it was the man holding me back from enjoying our first black president. SO this year, I couldn’t be happier to know that the inauguration would be held on Martin Luther King Day AND on a day I already had off from work. LET ME TELL YOU….IT WAS AMAZING!!!!



FIRST…let me say, our first family is an astounding family component. I am sure they have the same problems as every other family. But the way they pull it all together in the public eye is magnificent.
SECOND, by no means do I mean any disrespect to our First Lady or the President….but this man is fine. I first saw him when President Clinton was running for his second term. During the Democratic convention he made the most compelling speak I had ever heard. I was held captive by his every word. When he finished, I kept staring at my TV screen wondering….”Who is this man ??” One of the commentators stated, “This may be the next President”. I remember still staring at the screen thinking…”What was his name??? Obama ??? Never will they allow a black man… named Obama as president” BOY was I wrong.
The whole inauguration ceremony was truly incredible. The significance of a Black man being voted into office TWICE and inaugurated on Martin Luther King’s holiday was so essential to show how far, we as black people have come in this United States. I only WISH Dr. King was here to see it.
OH Bill…LOL!!!!
Beyonce.....SHE DID THAT!!!!
Don't cha just love them as a couple ???
NOW I am no wimp….by no means what so ever. BUT when Mrs. Obama walked on that stage and President Obama began to whisper the worlds of Al Greens, Let stay together, in her ear. I was just in awe and tears came out of nowhere. There is still real true love in the world and our first couple continues to hold the standard all married couple should try to live by.
AMAZING...JUST AMAZING. I am glad I was able to witness this mark in American History.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your every word about this inauguration and the first family! Just love them to pieces. Love Hov and Bey too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your every word about this inauguration and the first family! Just love them to pieces. Love Hov and Bey too!!

    ReplyDelete